Thursday, February 11, 2016

Hand planing the soundboard



The pegs for my workbench worked well for holding the top down while I planed the top.  I used two different hand planes and my small Ibex plane for this job.  I did not realize how small the Ibex plane is.  I am afraid I might lose it….or swallow it.  I have seen pictures of others with tape on their fingers.  I now know why.  I did use gloves but swear I almost rubbed the fingerprints right off.  I will be buying some white wrapping tape like they use in the hospital.  I have the rough shape on the top done and am now ready for graduating.  I still need to build my dial indicator before I can move on.  I was so excited to start that I forgot.  So far so good on the soundboard.  I will wait a couple of days for my fingers to heal.  






No comments:

Post a Comment